Wilkins Family

Wilkins Family

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Clara's Blessing, Utah, and Summer

We've been super busy since school got out.  That weekend alone was a bit crazy!  Thursday, June 2nd Landon graduated from Kindergarten. They had a pretty big assembly graduation ceremony for the students.  It was pretty cute.  They got called up one at a time to receive their diplomas and walk across the stage, then sang some songs to their parents.  Jimmy happened to be home this week to pick up his visa (timing couldn't have been better on this). 

Landon receiving his diploma.


Landon with his teacher Mrs. Dotson.


Later that day Jimmy's parents were able to come into town for all the big events happening.  Friday was a little slower, my sister and her family were able to come into town, followed by my brother the next day.  Saturday June 4th I got a surprise birthday party (thanks guys!), but this was Emma's big day.  She was in a ballet, her ballet company did Sleeping Beauty.  She was a rosebud in the production.  They practiced so hard for this for months, she was so excited to wear her costume and make up.  Her two minutes of the 2 hour production was great.  She did a fantastic job.

This is Emma and her teacher Mrs. Sherri


Our Little Rosebud


Emma and the girls from her class.  Emma, Allison, Ellie, and Beverly (we're missing one Mia).

I love this pic of my girls in their tu-tu's.  You can see how thick the stage make up has to be. :)

The Sunday, June 5th was Clara's blessing day.  She was so blessed to have both sets of Grandparents there.  She also had both my brother and sister with their families, and Jimmy's brother with his.  It was a wonderful day.  Jimmy gave a wonderful blessing, he even got choked up a bit (very out of character for him).  We had lots of good food all weekend.  Too much as always.


The Cheney's
Amber, Wayne, Spencer, Royal, and Mitchell Harmon
Matt, Ashley, Kaitlin, and Kyle Cheney
Tommy and Cindy Cheney
Jimmy, Audrey, Landon, Emma, and Clara Wilkins

Family Photo.

Creg and Lynn Eve Wilkins with the Wilkins grand kids.

Clara Nikole Wilkins.  Beautiful as always.

Just a closer shot of Clara's dress.

After all of the chaos of having family in town all weekend, and not a minute of down time we had to pack and get ready for a trip to Utah.  This was a trip to spend some time with Jimmy's parents and sister's family before we move to Spain.  Monday we had to wake up really early and get to the airport.  Had a very smooth morning and made it to Utah.  It was a very relaxing trip.  Mainly hung out with Jimmy's sister Niki and her wonderful family.  We were able to see Jimmy's aunt and uncle Karen and Agee and we stayed at their place for a few nights while we hung out in SLC.  Then we went out to Vernal, UT and played with Creg and Lynn Eve, and our niece Sami and nephew Brison came out with us and kept our older two company.  It was a great week out there.  We didn't do too much just had family time.  Niki and Corey ended up coming out for the next weekend out there and we took the time to go up to the mountain and spend a good portion of the day just having a day camp.  It was fun, the kids climbed up the sides of the mountains, tried to catch lizards, and kept a fire going for more hot dogs and smore's.  We also got to go up to Jossie Morris's cabin.  Jossie was Creg's great, great step grandma's sister.  Jossie was a cattle rustler, was married 5 times, and often housed Butch Cassidy when he was on the run.  Creg remembers taking cattle up to her property, Creg's dad carried on the family business of cattle (as a side income).  It was fun to hear stories of what he remembered of going and visiting Jossie and her sister Sadie. Thank you Creg and Lynn Eve for a great time in Utah. 

Landon wearing Grandpa's hat.

Split Rock Mountain, it was beautiful scenery.

Emma loving her Grape Crush Soda.

Jossie Morris's cabin, now a part of Dinosaur National Monument Park.


We've been back for almost two weeks.  Jimmy has returned to Spain, and the kids and I are just waiting for our visa's.  They said it would take 6-12 week's to get the visa's, we are starting week 7.  We are just passing the time with trying to catch up with friends, kids doing "work" for grandma and grandpa, and lots of pool time.  It's been too hot to not be at the pool.  I hope you enjoy the pictures of our summer so far!

3 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

LOVE reading your blog (so many don't do them anymore!) and looking at pics of your sweet kiddies! Cleo and I really admire what you and Jimmy are doing...going to Spain and a whole new continent and culture!!! What a great adventure and I really hope we can come over and visit while you are there...keep the bed sheets clean :) Love y'all lots

Audrey said...

:) I know, it's sad that everyone has abandoned their blogs. I decieded I'd get back into it and keep it updated while we're over sea's. It's crazy what we're doing! But I'm excited, scared, sad, happy, I think just about every emotion you can have I've had it. :)
I truly would love you to come visit. I promise one day we'll make it to Atlanta, we've got to check out that Aquarium there. :) Oh and we might as well stop by your place. We sure do love you guys and miss you, so happy that things have gone well for you guys this year! Love ya.

Brandy said...

Hi Audrey, I didn't see an email to reply to on your profile, so I hope it's ok that I reply to your comment on my blog (Gluesticks) here! I love the nail shields. They last forever on my feet and always look bright and colorful! After the first couple of times, I found it actually quicker than painting my nails in 2 coats + a top coat and waiting for them to dry. So, they are a novelty, but are super fun and I always receive comments on them. I alternate using the shields vs. nail polish throughout the summer. Thanks for stopping by!

Brandy
www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com
Gluesticks