I keep meaning to update, but find other things to fill my time. I wish I was a better writer, one who kept you on the edge of your seat, excited for the next post, or even one who made you laugh. Though I lack talent in writing I enjoy keeping a blog as a way of keeping a journal for my family.
Since my last post there have been many things that have filled our time. After our trip to Italy my dear Sweet mother-in-law came to visit for three weeks. Lynn was a trooper on her visit. We met her in Madrid, picking her up at the airport after a full day of traveling she was more than excited to play. We took her back to the rented apartment, and unloaded her suitcase, 80% of it was full of things for us. It is always an exciting thing to see things from the states. We enjoyed the rest of our trip to Madrid by playing in the Retiro Park, it's like Central Park in NYC. We spent more than our share of time at the zoo, it was a spectacular zoo. We enjoyed seeing the penguins nesting, the white tiger roaring, the lemurs acting crazy, a ton of baboons monkeying around, a dolphin show, bird show, grizzly bears that begged for peanuts, and the aquarium with a large shark tank. It was a fantastic. We ended the day with a tour through the cathedral, the royal palace (complete with the armory), and the Plaza de EspaƱa (nothing compared to Seville's beautiful Plaza).
Pictures of Madrid
School started and the kids have been back in the full swing of things. Landon started the school year with the same teacher he had last year. This made us a bit nervous because the last 2 months of school her husband had some major health issues that kept her out of school leaving them with out a proper teacher (not so easy finding certified English teachers in the south of Spain). But we now have a teacher that's full time and she seems to be doing a wonderful job with the kids. Landon likes her a lot and is doing great with a teacher that has a lot of structure in her class. Emma is loving her new teacher, always coming home with fun stories of the day. She's become a great reader, very proud of how far she's come in school.
This fall Landon is playing football (soccer for you Americans reading this) and he's improved a great deal this year. We hope to keep him playing and learning trade secrets from the best. ;)
Emma is taking Flamenco classes. She's loving the class and teachers. I can't wait for next spring when I get to see her in a flamenco dress dancing the Seviana at Feria.
Clara is doing anything and everything her brother and sister are doing. She's a monkey see monkey do kind of girl.
We sure do love these kids and our opportunity to be here.
I will be posting more soon. I hope all my friends and family out there are doing well. I miss you all very much! Love Aud



0 comments:
Post a Comment