This week has been a fast busy one. Started the week with taking a drive down to Huelva where Jimmy works. It takes an hour to get there and I had to pick Jimmy up to get some papers I needed to apply for the kid's and I to get our residency cards. On the way back the car's engine light came on! This dang car is being a pain. It is acting fine but the mechanics wanted to check it. Jimmy ran it down later this week and they think it's something to do with the condensation in the exhaust system. We took it back in today so they can take it to the Chevy dealership; they have an appointment with them on Monday. It's been one thing after another, but luckily nothing major. Oh well, hopefully they can give it a clean bill of health after they clean the exhaust system, and we won't have any more problems.
This week they have also been harvesting the olives. It's fun trying to get into town and getting stuck behind a tractor carrying large baskets of bright green olives. They are so beautiful. I really wanted to get a picture of this, but haven't been able to yet. There are a couple of farms still harvesting so hopefully I'll be able to pull this off still.
We also got our shipment in from Texas this week. We chose to rent a furnished home and place most of our belongings in storage in Texas. This was an allotted 1000 lbs. air shipment that took nearly 3 weeks to get here. Mainly because there was a large amount of paper work we had to submit to customs. It was pretty crazy how much paper work they required. I spent all Thursday and Friday trying to find places for all the clothes and toys that came over. As of today we are officially moved in! I think my favorite part of the shipment was my measuring cups and skinny clothes!
Clara turned 6 months this week. She was pretty excited, she's now sitting up for a few minutes at a time or unless she's distracted. She's eating most foods, her favorites include a fruit apple sauce I've found, and pretzel sticks.
Emma was over joyed with having her toys here in Spain. She had every single stuffed animal on her bed to sleep with (and I have yet to see them get put back in the closet). She's been playing zoo keeper with them today. She also started ceramics at school as an after school activity. She asks every day if it's her day to go. She made a statue of a person with a dog and a duck. They'll work on this for 6 weeks then paint it for a couple more, fire them and she'll get to keep it. :)
Landon had a good week at school as well. He had a field trip down to Huelva where they went to Palos de la Frontera where it's believed to be the port where Christopher Columbus set sail for America with the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. They have replicas of the boats there that you are able to tour. Landon informed me that there the bigger boat has three fake men on it and there is a fake turtle in the water but real fish. He also started his after school activity of golf this week. He said he enjoyed it.
Jimmy and I got through a busy week and had a great Saturday with the kids. We bought a keyboard (we wanted a piano but not enough space for one) and a guitar. Both of us find it very important to have music in the home and want to teach the kids, and they are both very excited to learn. Took the car in to the mechanics, finished putting things away, played with the kids, kids went swimming. I even made a perfect chocolate chunk cookie (I even made my own brown sugar and had to chop up my chocolate). Dinner was great (I even made rice without boiling the water over! This is ground breaking back home I bought a rice cooker just for this reason (I miss is!)).
We've also decided to take a drive every week with the kids to discover the area around us. We'll either do this on Saturdays or Sundays. Last Sunday we drove to two different churches. One was built in the early 1200's. We forgot a camera but took a couple of photos with one an iPad. We'll be taking a posting more photos of our trips.
Hope all is well to all who read this. :) Audrey
I keep getting error's trying to upload the rest of the pictures. I'll try and post them before my next weekly post!
Thanks for stopping by. :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment