This is the week of firsts. Many things happened for the first time.
Had our first walk to school. (It's only a 10 minute walk and our neighbors meet up with us every morning and afternoon to go with us).
I worked out every day this week!
Clara can sit on her own for a few minutes at a time! (Very exciting! But her favorite place to sit is in the laundry basket, it helps her stay up longer). She also will no longer lie on her back for bath time. Makes for a much quicker bath though!
Landon and Emma had their first tests at school this week. (They both did really well).
The kids had their first swim party at school (always exciting).
I made my way to a different grocery store, had to drive through another little town to get there, I only had a printed map (so not the entire area) and as I was getting closer there was construction and the road I was supposed to go on was closed. I still found my way! I've learned a little Spanish for checking out at the store. You have to pay for your plastic sacks at check out. So I can now ask for the amount of sacks I need, and I'm getting very good at bagging my own groceries, they don't do it for you here folks!
I even memorized a sentence in Spanish to ask to pick up my credit card at the bank. I went and got it, the lady remembered me from when Jimmy and I came in to put me on the account. And to my surprise she spoke pretty good English.
I got chewed out in Spanish; I found the perfect parking space to go to the bank. It took a few minutes to find it and when I did I snagged it. When I came back to leave there was a man yelling at me. Apparently my perfect spot was not so perfect. I was so focused on the pavement looking for the yellow paint on the curbs I failed to notice I was blocking a garage door. FAIL.
We had the missionaries over for dinner. They enjoy having some people to speak English to.
We also had Jimmy's co-worker and her family over for dinner. She has kids the same age as our older two. Made for a great night.
Also today is Oct. 1st. :)
Other highlight of this week was the car is fixed. Our dealership that we bought the car through couldn't find anything wrong with it, so Jimmy took them the video of our breaks smoking, and the lights that came on while we were driving. They decided to take it to a Chevy dealership to have a look. Chevy told our mechanics that they installed the break sensor wrong for this vehicle. Chevy did confirm that there was no further damage to the breaks. So it just turned out to be fine, just had some mechanic that didn't know what he was doing. Luckily this thing has a year warranty.
I'm definitely getting more comfortable here. I feel I can do a little more, can't wait to start my Spanish lessons so I can feel more comfortable with the language. I do find myself being able to understand a lot more than I ever thought I would. Speaking it though is entirely different.
Here are some pics of the week.
NOVEMBER RANDOMS
5 years ago



2 comments:
And I'll be the first to comment, unless someone beats me to it in the next 30 seconds. So, how awesome is it that you totally missed that garage door! Thank goodness you don't quite understand Spanish yet! ;o) Do the kids have most/all of their classes in English? I'm glad you're settling in. Looking forward to all the glamorous shots of Spain.
I know right? Super smart of me. :) The kids classes are all in English, they do have an hour of Spanish a day. They are enjoying school now that they are getting settled. :) Did you just start a blog? I got some cool new pictures this week! :) I'll be posting later this week.
Post a Comment