I'm playing catch up again!
Halloween in Spain is nothing like it is in the United States. Much less commercialized, in the stores you didn't see candy and decorations until about two weeks before. Before those two weeks you could only find costumes in the Chinese Bazaars.
On Halloween after dinner Clara was getting a bit tired and restless. So finally after 6 pm it started getting dark and there was no sign of Trick or Treaters. The kids really wanted to go, so we took a walk in costume and decided to see what was out there. Landon decided the day of to change his costume from a Knight (which we had a costume for) to an Army Man (which we made up at the last minute), Emma was a ballerina (we used her costume from her last ballet), and Clara I was unable to find a costume for in her size here. So on Halloween I decided to look around the house and I saw Emma's box of Build a Bear costumes and thought what the heck, and there was one costume in there that actually fit Clara. An angel, how appropriate for my best baby. So we left the house and found one house all decorated on the outside with the kids in the courtyard, we were able to Trick or Treat there, walked the block to our friends house and Trick or Treated there as well. After stopping there we headed home it was dark and Clara had enough she was ready for bed. We had one more stop on the way home at our neighbor's who was out walking his dog. We Trick or Treated three houses and the kids were happy enough with that. We got home changed out of the costumes and got Clara to bed. (Jimmy was working late Monday's are his late days) About 5 minutes after I got Clara to bed the kids started Trick or Treating the neighborhood. We had about 4 groups come by, but each group had about 5-10 kids, I actually ran out of candy. All in all the kids enjoyed the night and they were happy with their handful of candy.
Here are some pictures!
Our beautiful Ballerina.
Our sweet Angel Clara with her Halo tipped to the side.



0 comments:
Post a Comment