Wilkins Family

Wilkins Family

Monday, November 10, 2008

IT'S A BOY

For the past several months I've been following a blog that has become near and dear to my heart. One of my cousins has a friend that has lost a child. Her beautiful baby girl Lucy died because she chocked on an apple. I check on this blog almost daily not to hear how mom and dad are coping with life, but to hear such inspiration, such courage, and hope that they give in every blog. Vic and Molly are amazing people who have had to deal with something I could never imagine. I rarely ever make it through a blog with out a soaking wet face. But every time I read I evaluate my life.

Right now I just wanted to say to my wonderful Husband how much I love him. Every day this man makes my bed. What a small gesture that I miss when he's not around. This man loves me for who I am, which I'm not an easy person to love. He always makes sure the house is picked up before we leave the house or go to bed. It distracts him when we leave the house a mess. :) He loves his children, and they love him. This weekend was the first in a long time where Emma was his little girl! Most of sacrament yesterday she sat with him. Jimmy thank you for loving me.

To my children. I know I'm away often, but I'm doing what the Lord has set out for me to do. I often question the lords plans for me. Being a full time student and a mom of two is no easy task. It's very hard on me emotionally, but I know that my mother is loving those kids as much as I would.

To my parents (that includes you Lynn and Creg) :) How blessed am I to have two wonderful mom's and two loving dad's. My mothers are both there for me and I can count on them for Everything! And I do. Thank you. My mother is helping me raise my children (not easy with how active they both are), but she and I both know that this is what the Lord needs me to do at this time. I just applied to dental school (I haven't heard on acceptance yet), but I've been asked in this life to help those around me. It's hard and I often question my absence from my children. But I don't think I would be able to have as much faith if my children were not in such a loving home. My mother in law Lynn I have to thank her as well for not only being my second mom, and always being there for me too, but for raising such a charming son! :) And to my daddy's they are both so amazing, but they don't let me get away with much, they both call me on everything that I do wrong! But I love them both and can always count on them. Thank you.
And one last one to all my friends that have helped me through this journey up to this point in life I thank you for listening to me complain, cry, and embracing the joy of life with me.

Now you wonder about how Vic and Molly play into all this. Well Vic and Molly are pregnant again! Expecting baby #2 a boy! They are truly excited to meet Lucy's baby brother. These parents are incredible. I love reading her blog for the spirit that resides in it. Her ability to write with such class is a gift. Here is their blog for those who would enjoy being spiritually uplifted by this dear sister. http://www.jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com/

I can only hope that this life will bring me closer to my Heavenly Father, so in the next I will be worthy to stand in his presence and hear "job well done" and be able to spend eternity with my own family.

Sorry this is such an emotional blog, I'm just in a very emotional state of mind this week. I love you all. And hope everyone is doing well. Love Audrey

7 comments:

Taylor's said...

I love the post! This is the time of year that most of us reflect and are thankful . . . . now if I can just remember this the remainder of the year . . . that is the key.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful reminder for us all! Each day is such a blessing. Thanks for being so great about staying in touch through our blogs. :) We miss you guys!

Katy said...

Wow, you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself, something that I admire. I hope you are all doing well.

Betsy said...

That was a very nice tribute. We all need to thank those around us more. Lucy's family's website is almost more than I can handle. The older you get the more tragedy you experience and hear about and it is amazing to me how people get through these things and keep living.

Rasmussens said...

She is an amazing person. It is so fun to hear how it has affected other peoples lives. I know talking with her, she has impacted my life in a way that is so special. I was wondering if you have your sisters email address. I can't find her phone number and it is not in info. Let me know.
Hope all is well.

Zach and Sara said...

Aud it's about time Jimmy convinced you to really saturage yourself in the Jackson's blog. It's AMAZING. I have never read something so heart wrenching in my life and at the same time I'm left with such an amazing feeling after reading. They are constantly in my thoughs. Her's is the first blog I go to when I read blogs. Thanks for reminding me how lucky we can be in life. We have so much to be thankful for!

noelle said...

ah! i've come across this blog on another friend's. my heart breaks for families that have experienced this kind of loss, but what a great example they are to us! thanks for sharing!