Whew!!! The end of December has flown by! All I remember from the first 18 days of December is waking up, getting kids out of the house, drive up to school for 45 minutes, study, take test, come home, play with kids till Jimmy would get home, study, kiss kids good night, and study, with some sleep! And repeat every day! It seemed like this never ending cycle! It was very claustrophobic, Jimmy and I are both very happy that this past semester is over! I passed all of my classes with good grades, I was extremely excited that I earned a B in Bio Chemistry the first time through. Yeah!!!!
December 10th we actually saw snow! Up in Huntsville where I go to school it was over an inch thick and was still on the ground when I left at noon!
Emma turned 2 years old on the 14th! We took her to Chucky Cheeses (we had about 45 tokens left over from various events) and then went to dinner and back to mom and dad's for an Elmo birthday party! She loved her cake with her picture on it and her balloons were among her favorites. She also loved her Dora items to put in a doll house, and her Dora Slippers.
Christmas has come and gone! I'm really sad about that. It went way too fast for me. Jimmy and I both enjoyed our Christmas morning with the kids. They were so cute coming down the stairs, and opening gifts, and they both were just good all day. We decided it was our best Christmas so far. Christmas Eve we treated my mom and dad to a fancy restaurant for dinner, so mom didn't have to cook. Then went and looked at Christmas lights. it was a beautiful evening. And mom and dad returned to our home at 6:00 a.m. to be there when my kids woke up to see what Santa brought them. And my kids were up at 6:01. :)
Landon's Christmas was Star Wars themed if you can believe that. :) He got a big Millennium Falcon, it's like 2 1/2 feet long! It's huge. He came down the stairs and could see it under the tree, "Santa" brought it, so it was unwrapped. And Landon said "Holy Gosh, it's the Millennium Falcon, I can't believe he got me the one I was wanting!!!" He was very excited. And every thing from that point on was just what he wanted. Even his Star Wars underwear. :)
Emma took a while to warm up to Christmas there was about 5 minutes where she wouldn't even look at her toys under the tree. Finally she saw her 6 sets of Princess shoes under the tree and wanted to put on the Cinderella one's first. Actually I think on Christmas Day the only ones she wanted to wear were the Cinderella one's. One of her favorite gifts was a little purse that came with Fake fingernail polish, lipstick, perfume, cell phone, car keys, and sun glasses. Fake meaning fingernail polish and lipstick are just plastic. My favorite part was when she dolled herself up, put on her sun glasses, and put everything back in the purse, then put the purse on her arm and took her baby for a walk in the stroller. I just missed the picture of her doing this! I told Jimmy she's practicing her "mall" walk.
Our other big event of December was . . . we have FINALLY got our ceiling fixed in our Bathroom!!!!! If you don't remember, our house was hit by hurricane Ike, back on September 12th! It took over 3 months to finally get our house fixed! They are actually coming back in the morning to finish the job, there's a little damage in our stair well that needs to be fixed. We were really excited to have that finally finished!
But more importantly I wouldn't be celebrating this wonderful Christmas if it wasn't for a very special man in my life. Today is our 7 year anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HUNNY!!!! He won't let me brag about him, but I love him any ways. :)
We had a most wonderful date yesterday celebrating. Jimmy surprised me with tickets to the Houston Ballet Nutcracker. One word Amazing. I've heard that they do a spectacular job, and it is fantastic. Jimmy got founder box tickets where you can see just over the orchestra and have a great view of the stage. It was a lot of fun to be there just the two of us. And then we went to a great dinner at America's it's a South American cuisine. It was the best service and food either of us have ever dinned at. We ordered a dinner that was a combination of 4 other dishes. Our favorite was their center cut fillet, the red snapper, lobster tail, and crab meat dishes were all wonderful too. Our taste buds were over stimulated! It was a fun and wonderful evening.
Well to wrap this up, here are some pictures of our December! We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you all a Happy New Year! We love you all and thank you for all the Christmas cards and updates. Love Audrey, Jimmy, Landon, and Emma Wilkins
NOVEMBER RANDOMS
5 years ago



5 comments:
What a great blog!!! Congrats on completing your finals AND getting good grades---no small accomplishment with 2 little ones running around. I love all the pics of the kids and the one of Emmas' cake is priceless. We love you guyz and wish you a wonderful 2009.
Awesome post!
Have a wonderful Holiday season! Miss you lots!
PS Allison (Higgins) Moon has a blog http://alandadammoon4.blogspot.com/and her Mother is expected to pass any day now from Cancer . . . we thought it was going to be last Sunday but she made it for Christmas . . .I will keep you posted when and if she passes.
CUte pictures! Happy Late Birthday to sweet Emma... that cake is hilarious!!!! Merry Christmas!
what a great christmas! and i have to say, i can't get over emma's long beautiful hair. that's all i could stare at through your pics!
Merry Christmas!! Hope you guys had a great one. Hope all is going well. Is sounds like you are keeping very busy! Congrats with finals. Have a good new year. Your family is darling.
Post a Comment