Wilkins Family

Wilkins Family

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

I've had a fun week. I've been home with the kids all week, and I get one more week off! Yeah!!! I'm trying to figure out the whole stay at home mom routine. I wish I knew how to be a good stay at home mom, I envy all you mom's whom are able to do it, I've had a lot of fun, but I'll be glad to get back to our schedule.
On Wednesday (New Years Eve) my friend Phyllis and I went down town to the Children's Museum. As Landon would say "it's incredible" (that's what he told Grandma when asked about it). They have a count down at 12:00 noon to ring in the New Year. It was really cute and fun. They let the kids decorate boxes to wear as costumes, make glasses that were 2009 glasses, make little fire cracker sticks (just Easter grass glued to a popsicle stick.) They had a lot of fun. There is tons to do there, Landon and Emma played forever at a table where they built towers with wood blocks then you could press a button and this pipe at the end of the table would blow air at a high speed and knock them down. They thought that was hilarious. They also liked shopping, playing bank, and the new addition the Babbling Bayou. Where the kids play with these tables of water, where they can float boats, race them as the water comes rushing out of the top when the flood gates are opened, and learn all about the things water can do; such as making waves in a wave pool, water spouts, energy, and just getting a little bit wet! :) The kids favorite part was the end when we let them do their own face painting. There is a station they can sit in front of a mirror with face paints and have at it. They loved it. (Sorry all my pictures are on my phone, I'll have to get them later).
Later that night I went over to Phyllis's house to watch "Mama Mia" after the kids were asleep. We enjoyed the movie, a little cheesy but over all fun. Then Jimmy and I actually stayed up and rang in the New Year. It's been a while since we did that. But we watched the Red Bull No Limits, this thing was crazy, if you haven't seen it you should watch it on You Tube (here's the link).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa55PUwo00E
This kid Robbie Maddison jumped onto a 96 foot tall building The High Arc in Las Vegas on a motor cycle, and then jumped off of it. It was crazy! I can't believe some people have enough nerve to do things like that. That kept us up till the new year. :) Not to mention all the fire works that went off in the neighborhood.

But the last thing I just wanted to share was just a cute and funny thing. I went up stairs for just a minute and came back down to this

Landon playing with Emma's Dora doll house, and Emma with her tutu on playing with Landon's Millennium Falcon. I thought it was pretty cute. I love that they share a common interest even if it's at different times. They do love playing with each other. They've recently started pushing each other's buttons. Emma is constantly saying that anything on TV "Grandma has that", and then Landon will chime in "No she doesn't" and it starts the "No" "Yes" fight. Fun fun fun. They keep me on my toes! And any question that Emma will answer yes too she answers "Uh-huh yeah".
Landon is now a CTR 5! He was pretty excited to get his CTR ring. He calls it his CRT ring. And it's "Choose the Right Thing". :) We are very proud of him.
Any ways I'm going to call it a night. I hope everyone is having a Wonderful New Year! Love Audrey

1 comments:

Marcy Cheney said...

Happy New Year to you all!! Hope that 2009 is a happy, healthy and successfull year for your family. When do you hear about dental school? We are doing good and looking forward to what 2009 may bring our way and counting our blessings along the way. Love you guyz...