Wilkins Family

Wilkins Family

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Catching Up! And a Happy Easter Too!

Wow! I'm seriously behind.

I want to bear my testimony of my love for my Savior. This being Easter Sunday reminds us all that He Lives. And being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we believe that we too shall live after this life. This is only done by the atoning sacrifice that our Savior Jesus Christ was able to provide for us. I am eternally grateful that Jesus loves me and that I will get the opportunity to live with my family again after this life. I am grateful for the knowledge that there is life after death and everything else I can live through.

Now time for some catching up! I've been extremely busy with school, garage sales, ward camp outs, yard work, kids, exams, pre-school hunting, mother-in-laws in town . . .

This past week was one of the busiest. I had an exam last Monday. I just have to say I'm not a big fan of Physics, I love what it has done for science, mathematics, engineering . . . but studying it is just not very exciting for me.

Then with my church I am serving as the ward activity chairman with no committee. And this past Thursday night we had our first ward camp out!!! We had a great time. We drove about and hour and a half to Brazos Bend State Park. There were 21 families that attended right at 100 people. I was in charge of it all! Luckily I had the help of one fine man that has been to the park before and he scheduled everything with the park for me! Thank you Shane, you're awesome!

My family and my mother in law we got there early enough that we were able to go for a quick hike around one of the lakes and enjoy the beauty of the park. This park is known for it's bird wild life and alligators in the park! The alligators don't come where the campers sleep no worries there. But we were able to go and walk a small distance and we saw about 6-8 of them in a small stretch. It is mating season for the gators and they were very active, very fun to watch.

We got back to camp welcomed everyone is and had a wonderful fire side with some Smores! (By the way if any one needs Marshmallows I've got a few extra bags!!!) Any ways that night was very short and long with little sleep. Emma kept me up half the night crying that she wanted to go home. And the other half of the night I was up chasing racoon's!!! The cute little rascals were trying to eat my food. And I was providing a breakfast for 100 people for the next morning and all I could think was that I wouldn't have any food for the ward in the morning. They got into the trash sack that was hung on the post like the rangers said to. About 12:30 a.m. I was cleaning up the trash strewn about and placing the rest in the truck. Then later that night when Emma had me up I could hear the raccoons out side again, and I looked with my flash light and sure enough they were out there only this time they opened one of my coolers!!! They ate a whole bag of Cheetos! My Cheetos!!! Any ways I was able to put the cooler that had locks on it over all the others with out and that kept them out of my food for the night. But they sure kept trying! Also Emma finally slept in the truck buckled into her car seat, silly little girl!

The next morning we started off with a wonderful breakfast with wonderful cooks! Thank you all for helping cooking and cleaning! Right after breakfast we had an Easter Egg hunt! The kids all had a blast! Everyone was then off to clean up and we were all out of our camp sites by 10:00 a.m. so we could go and hike some more around the trails. There was also a little nature center where the volunteers had answers for everything! They had skulls and skeletons for most of the animals in the park, along with all the type of snakes that live in the park. They had 8 month old baby gators that you could pet! They are so cute when they are little.

My wonderful mother-in-law is here helping out with Jimmy's brother and his wife's family. Shannon (my sister-in-law) is pregnant with her 5th and she's on bed rest. So Lynn Eve is here to help Shannon with the kids while Kenny is at work. We've had some time to spend with here when Kenny is home. We enjoyed a wonderful Easter evening with her and my parents. The kids had a great time with both grandmas and their grandpa. I just love having both my families together, we all get along so well it's just nice to sit and visit. I love it. Thank you Jimmy for bringing me into one of the most wonderful families I could have ever imagined! I'm running low and this is running long. I love all of my friends and family and appreciate you reading my blog and not giving up on me! Thank you! Love Audrey
















I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I also wanted to share just a couple more, I know you all know how much Landon loves Star Wars, but Emma is becoming quite the fan too! Here's some pictures of Emma playing dress up with Landon's Star Wars costumes. :)



8 comments:

Rasmussens said...

Your kids are adorable. I think that you are super mom with all that you are doing. I am so impressed.

Katy said...

WHEW! that was a big one!! i LOVE updates! welcome back!! oh your kids are soo cute!!!!! i love their Easter outfits... and halloween and princess...!! very very cute
and your mom and dad look great!

Marcy Cheney said...

Life is busy at your house, huh??? Glad you had a few spare minutes to blog again...wondered how things were going. Your family is so dang cute and what a fun campout you must've had with all the wildlife. Kev would've loved the gators...that's the only thing he misses about living in FL. Love y'all and glad you had a nice Easter with family.

Zach and Sara said...

Oh your kids are so cute. I love your update. I seriously founds such humor in your raccoon story. Too funny! Sounds like you made it through everything and had a good time doing it! Happy Easter.

Taylor's said...

Darling! You are so dang cute!

Gayle said...

The camping trip looks like it was fun (and a big job planning) -- we would have been there if we were still in the ward! Cute pictures!

Betsy said...

Sorry we missed the campout...actually you wouldn't catch me around wild Alligators for a 1000 bucks! You guys are nuts! Great pictures though!

noelle said...

um. you are amazing. unfortunately, like betsy, you would not have found me camping out in an alligator park. not even for a million. love your cute kiddos!