Wilkins Family

Wilkins Family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paris

Paris

The trip started out with Jimmy heading to Brussels for a business meeting. His trip ended on the Thursday before Labor Day weekend, so I met him in Paris to have a wonderful romantic weekend. My mother-in-law was able to watch the kids for us, so they were in good hands.

Thursday we were able to have a quick dinner and walk from our hotel to the Eiffel Tower about a 20 minute walk. We were able to see the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night.  It is a must see!  Too many people trying to see you crap around the Eiffel Tower.

Friday we had to get up early and get going on our tour.  We drove all around the city seeing the major sites and highlights.  Arc De Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Place de la Concorde, stops at Notre Dame, Musee D'Orsay, the Louvre, and then stopping to eat lunch on the 1st floor of the Eiffel Tower. We gad a few minutes to look around at the beautiful scenery after lunch, and the n off to our next leg of the tour.  We drove out to Versailles palace.  What a wonderful day to learn about such a rich history.  We really enjoyed the day. 

Saturday was a day set aside to enjoy the museums first D'Orsay, and the Louvre.  Jimmy and I love art this was one of the highlights of my trip!  We loved all the famous works from Monet's, Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, David, and Vermeer.

Sunday was our last day in Paris, and despite our desires we did not make go to Euro Disney. We decided to go to the catacombs and walk around parts of the city we hadn't seen.  Our day ended with a stroll right before sunset up the church on the hill the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur. We were both happy we walked up to this beautiful church.  There was some entertainment on the steps of the church a guitar player who had everyone singing along to songs from The Beatles and Michael Jackson, and a guy who could be in cirque du soleil.

Overall we truly enjoyed our time together alone in Paris, minus the fact that I was sick to my stomach from being pregnant it was perfect. 

Enjoy the Pictures, I'll be doing another update soon!

Arc De Triomphe


The Square where Marie Antoniette and Louie XVI were beheaded


Notre Dame





Eiffel Tower


Lunch on the tower





Versalles





Hall of Mirros in Versalles


The Louvre
Winged Victory of Samothrace

Vermeer

A view of the Eiffel Tower from the Louvre

Aphrodite Venus de Milo

Cupid and Psyche





The Catacombs





Basilique du Sacre-Coeur



The Sparkling Eiffel Tower

2 comments:

Katy said...

AWWWW... these photos make me miss Paris so much! Looks like you and your husband saw a LOT in a little time!! Great post!!

Audrey said...

We made the most of it! And I was soooooo sick!!! I got home from that trip and discovered Zofran! What a wonderful blessing that would have been on the trip. :) I was so sick that in the Louvre I didn't recognize Venus De Milo I was litterally being drug through that part of the museum until I could get some food! :) Good times.

When are you due? Boy or Girl?