Wilkins Family

Wilkins Family

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where's the Wilkins?

The picture I have right now for the main photo was taken about 2 months ago, I just was trying to find a new picture and couldn't find one I wanted to put in. We let Landon and Emma have a sleep over and well they pulled out all the stops and pulled out just about every toy. :) It was pretty funny walking into Emma's room and seeing this mess.

Any ways I don't have much to post about. The new year is treating us pretty good. Jimmy has a job, I'm still in school, and the kids are cute and healthy. I started school this week, and we seem to have a simple schedule going and it works well for us.

Jimmy and I are both interested in the upcoming inauguration. Today was interesting that Obama took the path of our previous president Abraham Lincoln. One of Jimmy's favorite men is Abraham Lincoln. Jimmy and him share the same birthday. So we watched for a bit today as President Elect Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington D.C. stopping and saying hi on his way in. I am excited to say that I will witness a huge part of history as all eyes will be on the T.V. watching Obama be sworn in. The past couple of days as I've watch things on the news about him I've been getting teary eyed. Not because I'm emotionally attached to the man, but more the situation of being able to watch a family with small children enter into the White House. I'm excited to watch a family there. It's been a long time. I am very sad to see George W. and Laura Bush leave the White House. G.W. Bush did a great job for what he had to deal with. He may not have pleased everyone all the time, but he was such a personal person, I believe he was the best president to have to have dealt with things such as 9/11. I'm excited and nervous for change, but I am excited to witness history that's not catastrophic.

I don't have much else to say or post, but I did take some cute pictures of the kids.

This was a beautiful chilly evening that we were able to enjoy digging in the dirt and getting dirty!




Here is two pictures from our trip to the Children's Museum, each kid doing their own face painting! Both were very proud of their work!

2 comments:

Katy said...

First off: I love that you have Bella's Song on your playlist! Secondly: I must agree with you about your views on Obama and Bush... they both deserve a lot of credit! And Lastly: your kids are SO CUTE!!!!!!! I love that they get along so well, very sweet!

Katy said...

Wait, a minute!! maybe it's someone else that has the song (I've got about 6 tabs of blogs open all at the same time!!) sorry bout that!